Children are expected to wear a school uniform; the uniform worn adds to the sense of pride and community encouraged at The Shade Primary School. While available, direct from the school’s supplier, there is no requirement for pupils to wear items of clothing incorporating the school logo.
The Shade Primary School uniform consists of the following:
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with/without school logo
- White polo shirts
- Grey trousers or shorts
- Grey dress, shorts, skirt or culottes- just above the knee
- In the summer there is an option of a blue gingham dress.
- Grey tights
- Socks should be plain grey, black or white.
- Black school shoes or trainers - no coloured or white logos or soles.
- Pupils may bring bags and coats appropriate for school; these may be used in other contexts outside of school.
- Nail varnish is not permitted and children will be asked to remove this at home, where this doesn’t happen nail varnish remover will be offered under supervision.
- Children must have a change of clothes for PE, including jumpers
- Black or navy shorts- cycling shorts acceptable
- Royal blue top or blue Shade PE t-shirt
- Plain black trainers or plimsols (no coloured logos)
- Plain black or navy jogging bottoms and sweatshirt.
- Plain black or navy jogging bottoms and a plain sweatshirt for PE lessons during colder months
- For swimming lessons, pupils should wear either a swimming costume (one-piece) or swimming shorts, a swimming hat and swimming goggles
Rules for PE
- Long hair should be tied up.
- For health and safety reasons, children should be confidently able to remove all jewellery on PE day
- If you intend to have your child’s ears pierced, please ensure that this is done at the beginning of the school holidays so that earrings can be removed for PE.
- Pupils may style their hair in a way that is appropriate for school yet makes them feel most comfortable. For safety reasons, pupils are asked to tie up hair that is below shoulder length without large or novelty hair accessories that may cause distraction or get lost/damaged.
- We ask that unnatural hair colorants are not used
- Our schools have signed up to the HALO Collective. Our school champions the right of staff and students to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black staff and students’ racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
Please click here and select the Uniform policy from our list of policies to view our uniform information in full.
Branded uniform can also be purchased from Parents Direct - Brigade Clothing, LTD
Please speak to Mrs Segust if you need financial support to purchase uniform.